Sunday, September 24, 2006

To Remember Password or Not

Firefox has a neat feature, it is when you enter your username & password in a web site's sign in form for first time, it will ask you to choose from 3 options, "Never remember password for this site" / "Remember" / "Not now". Once for quite a long time I'd choose "Remember" since I don't need to type my password for returning visit, it's really a saving of time.

BUT, after I begin to use a new computer, I found that I forgot most passwords I let Firefox to remember. And to get my password back is a big waste of time, I need to check e-mail box for password recovery instructions, and some of the mails sent from various web sites are just blocked by mail hosting servers, damn!

So now I'd like to choose "Never for this site" for most situations, because:

1, Type passwords could be good exercise for my fingers.

2, When I don't need to sign in, then I can get a life, it's much much better than surfing, I think I really really need to get a life.

So how about you?

3 comments:

Zhangchn said...

why not encrypt your firefox profile and take a thumb-drive with you, or leave it in gmail?
BTW, you should change your passwd periodically long before you nearly-forget them...

zJY said...

请原谅我提出与主题不相关的问题:

从ubuntu 6.06 线上升级到 6.10后,无线网卡不再被识别。

您的站点有说明过这样问题的原因,可是作为linux新手,想请教具体的解决方法。

如果可以,请回复mail至zjy(at)1070点org。或者我会关注这里的留言。

先行多谢。

Livid said...

无线网卡的驱动在 restricted modules 包中,应该用 aptitude 安装一下就好。